Written Assignment 2: Annotated Bibliography 1500 words2806 NRS Task Trimester 1, 2018
Written Task 2: Annotated Bibliography
Weighting 30 %
Course Studying Outcomes: 1, 2, three
Due Date: 17:00 hrs on Monday 23 April, 2018
Writing an Annotated Bibliography will make it easier to to search out, summarise and organise the related analysis literature to assist you in offering proof based mostly medical apply. Writing an annotated bibliography will assist you consider the relevance and high quality of the analysis on a subject. Does the analysis meet the necessities of the case research? Is the data from a dependable and academically revered supply?
You'll be requested to do comparable analysis to this within the office when making ready to conduct new analysis initiatives or when growing apply pointers, procedures and protocols.
For this process that you must write a 1500 phrase task. In your annotated bibliography you need to summarise, consider and critique three (three) journal articles related to the case research.
There are three (three) components to this process:
Half 1: Annotated Bibliography (600 phrases)
Half 2: Justification in your alternative of sources (700 phrases)
Half three: Suggestions for medical apply (200 phrases)
1. Learn the case research which is within the Evaluation 2 folder within the L@G web site.
2. Now learn the sources within the Reference Record and choose three (three) journal articles that you'll use for the annotated bibliography part of your task. Choose the journal articles that you simply suppose relate probably the most to the medical situation offered within the case research.
three. (Half 1) Write an annotation for every of the three journal articles (200 phrases every annotation. Complete of 600 phrases). There's a doc known as 'Examples of Annotations' within the Evaluation 2 folder within the L@G web site to information you.
four. Construction your annotated bibliography like this:
• alphabetical order in keeping with the creator’s title
• every annotation is a separate paragraph
• every annotation should start with the formal quotation (APA sixth version)
• inhabitants, i.e., describe the pattern inhabitants
• methodology, i.e. research design, research setting, knowledge collected, knowledge analysed
• findings, i.e., outcomes reported
• conclusions i.e. what has been drawn from the research
5. (Half 2) Subsequent that you must justify your alternative of references (three journal articles) based mostly on their:
• strengths, in relation to the related case research,
• high quality of the analysis, and
• what they add to medical apply to handle the situation(s) offered within the case research (700 phrases). Use modern literature to assist your dialogue.
6. (Half three) Lastly, based mostly on the proof, that you must make suggestions for medical apply (200 phrases). You'll discuss with the literature to assist your suggestions.
• This useful resource from UNSW can be obtainable to information you - https://pupil.unsw.edu.au/annotated-bibliography
NB* Ideas for Writing your annotated bibliography:
• Presentation and construction of the paper ought to assist a logical circulation of arguments. Phrase limits for evaluation objects should be strictly adhered to. The phrase restrict for an evaluation merchandise consists of in-text citations, tables and quotations. The phrase restrict DOES NOT embody the reference record. Please be aware the marker will stop marking your submitted work as soon as the allotted phrase restrict has been reached.
• You could use headings to construction your annotated bibliography.
• Use educational language all through, and write within the third individual except in any other case instructed.
• Be sure that you utilize scholarly literature (digitised readings, analysis articles, related Authorities studies and textual content books) are modern and haves been revealed inside the final 5 years.
• Seek advice from the marking standards when writing your task. This helps to make sure you tackle all standards and assists you in calculating the weightings of the sections of your task.
• Your justification and suggestions must be supported by no fewer than 9 completely different sources (not together with these supplied) from scholarly literature.
• Your annotated bibliography should conform to APA sixth version type for in-text references and the ultimate reference record, and references are to be offered on a separate web page. https://websites.google.com/a/griffith.edu.au/griffith-health-writing-and-referencing-guide/apa-referencing-guidelines
All the time discuss with the Griffith Well being writing and referencing information obtainable on the Studying@Griffith course web site to information your writing.
Formatting and Submission
Please submit as ONE doc together with (on this order):
1. Task Title Web page with right particulars
2. Your annotated bibliography, appropriately formatted (font, line spacing, margins, web page numbers, pupil quantity and so forth).
three. Reference record on a separate sheet and appropriately formatted. This isn't included within the phrase restrict.
four. Examine and save a duplicate of your work.
5. Submit your accomplished annotated bibliography by way of the suitable Turnitin submission level on the course web site as per the directions in your Studying@Griffith course web site. [See the ‘Assessment’ tab].
On a regular basis language is predominantly subjective. It's primarily used to precise opinions based mostly on private desire or perception fairly than proof. Written educational English is formal. It avoids colloquialisms and slang, which can be topic to native and social variations. Formal language is extra exact and steady, and due to this fact extra appropriate for the expression of advanced concepts and the event of reasoned argumentation.
2 Scholarly or peer-reviewed journal articles are written by students or professionals who're consultants of their fields, versus literature akin to journal articles, which mirror the tastes of most people and are sometimes meant as leisure.