(505) unit 8 assignment
The concept of personality assessment and test classification is shifting:
Meyer and Kurtz (2006)
Consider Meyer and Kurtz’s (2006) discussion of personality test descriptors. Please access the Meyer and Kurtz (2011) article in Doc Sharing.
Discuss the following:
1. The historical use of the terms objective and projective to classify a personality test, and the problems with such classification.
2. The suggestions made by the authors to refer to specific tests.
Select a personality test (you can use the Buros website to assist in your search)http://buros.unl.edu/buros/jsp/search.jsp. and discuss what type of data is provides, and how you might use this particular test to assess a client. Research your selected test using the Kaplan library; use a minimum of 3 peer reviewed references in your assignment. In your case discussion include at least a one paragraph discussion addressing the following:
· Referral question for personality assessment
· Demographic information for your potential client
· Background data regarding the client’s current level of functioning and presenting problem(s)
The assignment should:
· Follow assignment directions (review grading rubric for best results).
· Use correct APA formatting per the APA Publication Manual, 6th Edition.
· Demonstrate college-level communication through the composition of original materials in Standard American English.
· Be written in Standard American English and be clear, specific, and error-free.
· Be a minimum of 8 pages (not including Title Page and Reference List).
Unit 8 Assignment Rubric
% – Points
Student is able to appropriately discuss the historical use of the terms objective and projective to classify a personality test, and the problems with such classification, and the suggestions made by the authors to refer to specific tests.
0 – 100
Student is able to accurately identify and discuss what type of data is a particular personality test provides, and how the test might be used to assess a client.
A minimum of three peer reviewed references are included in the Discussion.
The hypothetical case discussion include at least a one paragraph discussion addressing the following:
1. Referral question for personality assessment
2. Demographic information for your potential client
3. Background data regarding the client’s current level of functioning and presenting problem(s)
0 – 100
Structure: Includes introduction with clear thesis statement, complete paragraphs, and brief summary paragraph rephrasing thesis.
Style and Mechanics: Clear and logical
APA Style: Formatted correctly using APA style.
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
Free Unlimited Revisions
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
Original & Confidential
24/7 Customer Support
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.