PEER REVIEW RESPONSE SHEET: 5 Paragraph Essay
ESSAY PATTERN OF DEVELOPMENT________ ____________________
Your purpose in answering the questions below is to provide an honest and helpful response to your partner’s draft and to suggest ways to improve his or her essay. As we all know, there is always room for improvement.
1. Be sure to read the entire paper carefully before writing any responses. When you respond, be as specific as possible, referring to particular parts of the paper in your answers.
2. Respond to items A – D.
3. Do not address grammar issues.
A: Introductory paragraph:
1. Did the lead-in capture your attention? Explain how or why it captured your attention.
2. Write down the thesis statement. Does it give you an idea of what the whole paper is going to be about?
• If the thesis is unclear or too broad or narrow, how can it be rewritten or clarified to improve the way it ties the paper together?
B. Body paragraphs:
1. Does each body paragraph answer the question: “How does the information in this paragraph relate to the thesis statement?” If any sections/statements are confusing and/or off-topic, call attention to these areas.
C. Concluding Paragraph:
1. Does the last paragraph remind the reader of the main points of the essay?
2. Does the concluding paragraph include a statement about the significance or importance of your topic?
3. Does it end with: a final comment, prediction, or advice about the topic? Does it propose a course of action, or a question for future study? Which of these?
D. Final Comments: On this page, write a brief letter to your partner.
• Comment on what you found to be interesting in the essay.
• What did you like best about it?
• Explain how his/her essay can be improved. BE VERY SPECIFIC and explain why you think these changes will help readers.
• Begin your letter with your partner’s name and sign your own name.
Hi (Name of partner) ,
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
Free Unlimited Revisions
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
Original & Confidential
24/7 Customer Support
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.