Math 103 Last Examination – June, 2021 Add file(s) as "Last_Name closing" and many others
Open ebook (notes) examination, together with the method sheet PDFs. You could use a calculating system.
FOR FULL CREDIT present work in every query, not simply a solution. You do not want to point out each step
however ought to embrace organising every downside: filled-in formulation, preliminary calculations, arrange data into tables
or graphs, and many others.
Add the finished closing, ideally as PDF, to the Assignments part of the LEO class web site.
1) Clear up: eight – four(2x + 7) = 9x – 3x – four
2) The value of a house is $270,000. The financial institution requires a 15% down fee. After the
down fee, the stability is financed with a 30-year fixed-rate mortgage at 6.5%.
a) Decide the month-to-month mortgage fee.
b) Discover the full price of curiosity over 30 years.
three) In a wildlife refuge 34 tigers are caught and tagged. Later 18 tigers are caught within the
identical wildlife refuge and 5 are discovered to have tags. Estimate the variety of tigers within the
four) If the scores for a check are usually distributed with a imply of 58 and a normal
deviation of 12, discover the proportion of scores which might be between 64 and 66.
5) Clear up: 2x² + 3x – 6 = zero
6) Given the road y = –zero.5x + 2
a) Discover the slope of the road. b) Discover the y-intercept of the road.
c) Discover the x-intercept of the road. d) Graph the road (label its scale).
7) Use this set of numbers: 9, 5, 6, 11, 6, 10, 7, 5 and discover the:
a) imply. b) mode.
c) median. d) pattern commonplace deviation.
eight) The chart under exhibits the numbers of threatened species in the USA and
Species Mammals Birds Reptiles Amphibians
USA 11 15 23 10
Not USA 22 7 16 threeIf one threatened species is chosen at random, discover the chance that it's
a) within the USA. b) an amphibian or is situated exterior the USA.
c) it's a reptile and is within the USA. d) a chicken, given it's within the USA.
9) A bicycle producer believes an organization's greenback revenue P, is expounded to the quantity
of bicycles produced and bought, x, by the perform P(x) = –zero.25x² + 850 – 75000.
In response to the perform, what's the most revenue the producer can anticipate?
10) The ‘True Neapolitan Pizza Affiliation’ places tight situations on a pizza that may be
referred to as a Neapolitan pizza. As an example, they've decided the elements for the
dough and the way lengthy it ought to rise. One other situation is that the pizza ought to be baked
at 475° F. The method F = (9/5)C + 32 is one method to convert from Celsius to
Fahrenheit. In response to the TNPA's guidelines, an oven with a Celsius scale ought to be set
to what °C temperature?
11) A day care gives two choices. Plan 1 permits a baby to attend the day care any time
throughout the work week for a price of $231 per thirty days. Plan 2 requires a $75 per thirty days
payment plus $three.25 per hour. After what number of hours will the prices of the 2 plans be the
12) Given the perform f(x) = – x² – 4x + 5 discover the
a) vertex, b) x-intercepts, c) y-intercept, and
d) Graph the perform (sketch a grid and point out its scale).
13) A small pizzeria has mushrooms, pineapple, ham, pepperoni, olives, sausage, onions,
anchovies, and tomatoes for pizza toppings. This pizzeria has four staff whole.
a) In what number of methods can 5 of the toppings be organized on a shelf?
b) This pizzeria is simply open for 4 hours a day from 6pm to 10pm. Every day, solely 2
staff work collectively. In what number of methods can 2 of the workers be chosen to
work on a given evening?
14) In 2020, Mexico’s inhabitants was roughly 130.1 million with a projected
progress price of 1.four% a 12 months. The perform P(x) = 104. 9 e
zero. zero14 x
inhabitants P(x), in hundreds of thousands, x years after 2020. In response to this mannequin, what ought to
Mexico’s inhabitants be in 2030?
15) You borrow $3500 from a pal and promise to pay again $7,100 in 5 years. What
easy rate of interest will you pay?
16) At age 25, to avoid wasting for retirement, you resolve to deposit $175 on the finish of every month
in an IRA that pays three.5% compounded month-to-month.
a) How a lot will you have got from the IRA once you retire at age 65?
b) Discover the curiosity.
17) A meals stand at a fourth of July celebration on an abroad American navy base sells
scorching canines and beer. To buy three scorching canines and two beers prices $eight.45. One beer and
5 scorching canines prices $10. How a lot does the meals stand cost for one scorching canine? How
a lot does it cost for one beer?
18) To move a course a scholar should have at the very least a 60 common after three exams, however the
final check counts as 2 because it's the ultimate. Somebody with scores of 47 and 72 on the primary
two common assessments wants what scores on the ultimate to move the course?
19) A jar has: 5 blue tokens numbered 1, 2, three, 6, 9; three crimson tokens numbered eight, 9, 10;
and two yellow tokens numbered 2 and four.
a) Two tokens are drawn from the jar. The primary token shouldn't be changed earlier than drawing
the second token. What's the chance that the 2 tokens are blue?
b) On one draw, what's the chance of drawing a yellow token or a #2 token?
20) Beneath are what number of Math college students attended a weekend math lab for weeks 1 by way of 7
of spring time period, plus the imply scores of the weekly assessments for that class.
a) Draw a scatter plot for this information (label its scale).
b) Does there look like a optimistic correlation, a damaging correlation, or no
vital correlation between the variety of college students and the weekly imply check
scores for these 7 weeks? Assist your reply with an evidence.-research paper writing service# of scholars x 7 four eight 5 9 12 6
Imply check scores y 89 90 84 86 72 66 80