ITECH1103- Big Data and AnalyticsCRICOS Supplier No. 00103D ITECH 1103 Group Report Semester 1 2019 Web page 1 of four
ITECH1103- Massive Information and Analytics Group Task – Semester 1, 2019
Weight – 20%
Due Date: Analytic Report -Due Week 11 Friday 16:00
Analytic Report: Studying Outcomes Assessed: A3, K3, K6, and S2:
Function: The aim of this process is to offer college students with sensible expertise in working in groups to put in writing an information
analytical report to offer helpful insights, sample and developments within the chosen/given dataset. This exercise will give
college students the chance to point out innovation and creativity in making use of SAS Analytics, and designing helpful
visualization and predictive options for varied analytics issues.
This can be a group task and you'll full the duty together with your group. Your group can be made up of at most three
members who're all enrolled in the identical laboratory – the groups can be allotted by your tutor. It's anticipated that
every group member will contribute equally to the undertaking.
Your group will use an analytical software (i.e SAS Visible Analytics) to discover, analyze and visualize the dataset offered.
You'll obtain suggestions on the draft about presentation decisions, content material, evaluation, and magnificence.
The goal is to make use of the information set allotted to offer fascinating insights, developments and patterns amongst the information. Your
meant viewers is the CEO and center administration of the Federal Aviation Administration who're chargeable for
overseeing the airline business in America.
As well as, every particular person group member will write a brief reflection as a part of the report on their particular person
expertise on engaged on the undertaking.
• Job 1- Background info - Write an outline of the dataset and undertaking, and its significance for the
group. Talk about the principle advantages of utilizing visible analytics to discover massive knowledge. On this you need to embody
a justification for utilizing the visualizations that you'll use and the way they've been profitable in different comparable
tasks. This dialogue must be appropriate for a basic viewers. Data should come from at the least 6
applicable sources (2 per scholar) be appropriately referenced. [2 to 3 pages]
• Job 2 – Reporting / Dashboards - On your undertaking, carry out the related knowledge evaluation duties by answering the
guided questions offered (see Appendix for questions and dataset) and, establish the visualization you want
Word: take away any lacking knowledge factors out of your visualizations the place potential/appropriate
• Job three – Further Visualizations - Along with the guided questions, it's anticipated that every scholar will
present at the least two different visualizations of the information (i.e. for a bunch of three college students that is 6 further visualizations).
These further visualizations can be judged by way of high quality of the findings and complexity of study.
• Job four – Justification -Justify why these visualizations are chosen in Job 2 and three. Word: To make sure that you
focus on this process correctly, you need to embody visible samples of the reviews you produce (i.e. the screenshots of
the BI report/dashboard have to be introduced and defined within the written report; use ‘Snipping software’), and likewise
embody any assumptions that you'll have made concerning the evaluation in your Job 2 (i.e. the report back to the
operational group of the corporate).[1 to 2 pages]
• Job 5 – Dialogue of findings – utilizing the visualizations created focus on the findings from the information set. On this
dialogue you need to clarify what every visualization reveals. Then summarize the principle findings. [3 to 4 pages]
• Job 6 – Government Abstract – abstract of the information evaluation together with a quick introduction, strategies used and
CRICOS Supplier No. 00103D ITECH 1103 Group Report Semester 1 2019 Web page 2 of four
an inventory of the important thing findings [1 page only]
• Job 7 - The Reflection (Particular person Job) - every group member is anticipated to put in writing a quick reflection about this
undertaking by way of challenges, studying and contribution. [1 to 2 pages]
Every member of the group is to submit an digital copy of the finished group task and their very own particular person
reflection by way of Moodle.
The report can be roughly eight to 12 pages in size (not counting cowl web page and references). The report will
embody the next within the order offered under:
• A canopy web page together with the names and scholar id of all group members
• Desk of Contents
• Desk of Figures / Tables
• Government Abstract
• The physique of the report together with reviews, insights, justifications and visuals
• Dialogue of findings
All references utilized in your report have to be from peer-reviewed sources. Embody any and all sources of data
together with any individual(s)n you interviewed for this undertaking.
Your report must be formatted based on the “Task Structure and Look Pointers” and your
references introduced utilizing the APA referencing type; info is obtainable:
You're reminded to learn the “Plagiarism” part of the course description.
A passing grade can be awarded to assignments adequately addressing all evaluation standards. Greater grades require
higher high quality and extra effort. For instance, a minimal is ready on the broader studying required. A scholar studying vastly
greater than this minimal can be higher ready to debate the problems in depth and consequently their report is more likely to
be of a better high quality. So earlier than submitting, please learn by way of the evaluation standards very rigorously.
CRICOS Supplier No. 00103D ITECH 1103 Group Report Semester 1 2019 Web page three of four
ITECH1103- Massive Information and Analytics - Task 1- Information AnalysisReport Marking Information
Duties Marks Awarded Feedback
1 – Background of the Challenge: Description of Challenge,
Datasets and organisation. The significance of undertaking for the
organisation. Advantages and examples offered for the usage of
knowledge visualisation utilizing peer reviewed sources.
2 - Dashboard/Stories utilisation of applicable knowledge evaluation
instruments, visualizations and dashboards developed for the report
three - Further Visualizations The standard and complexity of
further visualisations offered apart from the guided
four - Justification - Every evaluation/dashboard and report
rationalization with related analysis papers, complexity and indepth of the justification.
5 – Dialogue of findings - Key knowledge insights,
suggestions to attain organisational targets with
theoretical justifications with correct references.
6- Government abstract - Format, key findings and
7 – The Reflection (Particular person Job) 10
Presentation of Report - Report is well-written and introduced
professionally, containing all necessities
Whole Marks 100
Whole Marks out of 20 20%
CRICOS Supplier No. 00103D ITECH 1103 Group Report Semester 1 2019 Web page four of four
Appendix 1: Information Set 1 and Guided Questions
Information Set 1
• Teradata – SAS Visible Analytics Information Supply – BIRDSTRIKES_DATA
1. GROUP TASK: Create an information dictionary for the information supply to be used by the group.
2. What number of totally different species (distinct) have been concerned in hen strikes?
three. The place the information has been recorded, what share of the time was the pilot warned of birds or wildlife?
four. What are the highest 5 airline/operators concerned in hen strikes?
5. What quantity (share) of hen strikes concerned medium and huge wildlife?
6. By which section of flight would the plane be almost definitely to expertise a hen strike?
7. Has a hen strike ever occurred while the plane was parked? If that's the case, in what number of cases?
eight. Is a hen strike extra more likely to occur when there isn't any cloud as in contrast with overcast situations?
9. In what precipitation situations is a hen strike almost definitely to occur?
10. Which species of wildlife had the biggest complete price? How a lot was this?
11. For the costliest species of wildlife, which section of flight was the commonest for a hen strike?
12. For the species Bald Eagle and Canadian Goose, look at the time of day that hen strikes happen to see if
there are any variations between the 2 species. Trace: you'll need to make use of a filter on the species of
wildlife and likewise use two classes.
13. Examine utilizing a crosstab for the information values Pilot warned of hen strike, Altitude bin, and the whole price.
14. Create a geomap of the hen strike knowledge.
15. Utilizing the sum of the variety of information, examine the hen strike depend by airport. Trace: take away any
lacking knowledge and use a kind.
16. Examine the hen strike price by airport. Trace: take away any lacking knowledge and use a kind on the price.
17. Examine the solutions of the 2 questions above. What does this point out?
18. Carry out a cluster evaluation on the 2 variables trip of service and complete price. Use the cluster matrix
graph to explain how the 4 clusters differ from each other by way of the 2 variables used.