Follow instructions. reference from 2013-1018
The case situation offered might be used to reply the dialogue questions that observe.
Case State of affairs
Mr. C., a 32-year-old single man, is in search of data on the outpatient heart relating to attainable bariatric surgical procedure for his weight problems. He reviews that he has all the time been heavy, at the same time as a small little one, however he has gained about 100 kilos within the final 2–three years. Earlier medical evaluations haven't indicated any metabolic illnesses, however he says he has sleep apnea and hypertension, which he tries to regulate with sodium restriction. He present works at a catalog phone heart.
- Peak: 68 inches; Weight 134.5 kg
- BP: 172/96, HR 88, RR 26
- Fasting Blood Glucose: 146/mg/dL
- Complete Ldl cholesterol: 250mg/dL
- Triglycerides: 312 mg/dL
- HDL: 30 mg/dL
Important Pondering Questions
What well being dangers related to weight problems does Mr. C. have? Is bariatric surgical procedure an acceptable intervention? Why or why not?
Mr. C. has been recognized with peptic ulcer illness and the next drugs have been ordered:
- Magnesium hydroxide/aluminum hydroxide (Mylanta) 15 mL PO 1 hour earlier than bedtime and three hours after mealtime and at bedtime.
- Ranitidine (Zantac) 300 mg PO at bedtime.
- Sucralfate/Carafate 1 g or 10ml suspension (500mg / 5mL) 1 hour earlier than meals and at bedtime.
The affected person reviews consuming meals at 7 a.m., midday, and 6 p.m., and a bedtime snack at 10 p.m. Plan an administration schedule that might be most therapeutic and acceptable to the affected person.
- Assess every of Mr. C.'s purposeful well being patterns utilizing the knowledge given. (Trace: Practical well being patterns embrace health-perception – well being administration, dietary – metabolic, elimination, activity-exercise, sleep-rest, cognitive-perceptual, self-perception – self-concept, role-relationship, sexuality – reproductive, coping – stress tolerance.)
- What precise or potential issues are you able to determine? Describe at the very least 5 issues and supply the rationale for every.