Company X has the following capital structure:
Short Term Debt/Current Portion of Long Term Debt
Long Term Debt
Further, i have following market information from the New Financial Times.
Stock Price (per share)
Current Yield to Maturity on outstanding Bond
Cost of unlevered equity is 10 %.
I will need to demonstarte that: in a “real world” market imperfections like taxes can’t be ignored. As interest payments create a vlauable tax shield, the stock price should increase if a frim decides to increase its debt., ie higher leverage higher firms value.
I should demonstarte that through:
-examine the impact of a) issuing 1 bln (pounds) in new debt (adding modest level of debt) and b) issuing 5 bln in new debt (adding higher level of debt). In both cases i plan to us the proceeds to repurchase stock
– assume tax rate of 40%
– should first analyze scenario with 1bln new debt. Assume company x keeps this debt outstanding forever,to determine the present value of the tax shield of the new debt
– to findout new market value of equity. New market value of equity = existing mkt value +tax shield.
– find out new market value of equity after repurchase
– find out the new share price
– new no. of shares outstanding := given number minus no. of shares purchased)
– now find out Debt to equity ratio based on a) book values and b) market values
– repeat above for 5 billion new debt issuance
Will need to refer to Modigliani/Miller theorem as well.
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
Free Unlimited Revisions
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
Original & Confidential
24/7 Customer Support
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.