Fear and Governmentality
What's the “Warfare on Terror”?
– Each navy and non-military practices, led by the US, with the purported objective of combating or eliminating the menace posed by al Qaeda (then) however now additionally ISIS and so on.
– Purpose of eliminating terrorism, however in specific, terrorism dedicated by these purporting to be doing so within the title of Islam
• What distinguishes the “Warfare on Terror” from the Chilly Warfare or from WW1 and WW2?
• Not state-to-state
• Enemy shouldn't be clearly outlined
• Finish purpose shouldn't be clearly outlined
• Navy “options” to non-military “issues”
• What's “Safety”?
• Safety is an basically contested idea
• What's to be “secured” and the way?
• State safety?
• Human safety?
• Safety as a relational idea somewhat than a concrete situation