June 7, 2021
Directions: Read the directions for each section. Provide your answers in this document. This is not a group assignment. You are not permitted to work with a partner or with groups. Be sure you use the stories to help you answer the questions. This is Assessment is DUE By 11:59pm Thursday, June 10, 2021
Part I true or False: Determine whether each statement is True or False by spelling out TRUE or FALSE or the space provided. Each correct response is worth 2 points.
1. Slemmons is the town’s local clergy man from Louisiana.____________________________
2. The theme of infidelity is illustrated in Gilded Six Bits._______________________________
3. Sylvia would always asks “Who dat chunkin’ money at me and Ah not do ‘em nothin’”______________________________
4. In The Lesson, Miss Moore takes the children the F.A.O. Schwartz in Chicago._______________________________
5. Education is major theme in The Lesson._____________________________.
Part II Your Understanding
Choose 3 examples of characterization from Toni Cade Bambara The Lesson and explain what shows character development. Make sure you explain your examples. Each example is worth 10 points.
Part III Short Answer. Answer each question in a minimum of 5 sentences. Use direct quotes from Alice Walker’s Everyday Use to help support your answer. Failure to do so will not earn your response any credit. Each correct response is worth 20 points.
1. What does Dee say or do that reflects a growing interest in preserving her heritage?
2. What is Hakim-a-barber’s purpose in the story? Contrast him with John Thomas, the man Maggie is supposed to marry.
3. Think about the most important object in the story, the quilts. Think about the history of quilts, and discuss how the quilts may be symbols of something deepe
-research paper writing service
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
Free Unlimited Revisions
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
Original & Confidential
24/7 Customer Support
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.