Week 3 – Assignment
Your written response to this assignment assesses your ability to (a) summarize effective methods to communicate with all stakeholders, considering their individual interests, priorities, and cultural differences for programming of students with disabilities, (b) clarify the potential challenges in the process of collaboration in the public school setting, and (c) critique proactive methods for interactive and effective communication with those of differing perspectives.
Using support from your assigned reading, the Instructor Guidance, and the discussions, submit the following for evaluation. When creating your written assignment, use the guidelines found below. If you have questions about the assignment or the rubric, please contact your instructor before the due date.
To prepare for this assignment, begin by watching the Rauscher (2014) video (Links to an external site.) to see a role-playing simulation of a Student Success Team (SST) meeting. While this is not an actual meeting, it will give you a basic idea of what an SST looks like, which is often the first step in determining if an assessment needs to be initiated for a Special Education placement. After viewing the video, write a two to three page essay that addresses the following:
· Effective Collaboration (2.5 points): Describe how the members of the SST are communicating effectively in a collaborative way, using at least three specific examples from the video (the names of the participants are listed below).
· Challenges and Solutions (2 points): Explain at least two potential challenges that could take place in this type of team collaboration and identify possible solutions for overcoming these challenges.
· Problem-Solving Strategies (2 points): This meeting is very calm and everyone appears to agree. However, this is not typically the case. Describe at least three proactive problem-solving strategies that special educators can employ when working with a team comprised of a diverse group of stakeholders, such as parents, students, general education teachers, special educator, and other school personnel.
You must also use support from the textbook, at least one outside source, the video, and any professional experiences, if applicable.
Cast of Video: Laura Wetmore: Special Education Teacher (not currently teaching Jonah) Mike Ivan: Jonah’s Geometry Teacher Kristen Harke: Administrator Martin Zschoche: Jonah’s Father Justin Hannahs: Jonah’s History Teacher (referred Jonah) Mark Rauscher: Jonah’s Guidance Counselor
Written Communication Expectations:
· Length Requirement (0.25 points): Two to three pages, not including the title and references pages.
· Syntax and Mechanics (0.25 points): Display meticulous comprehension and organization of syntax and mechanics, such as spelling and grammar.
· Source Requirement (0.25 points): One outside source, in addition to the course text and video. All sources on the references page need to be used and cited correctly within the body of the assignment.
· APA Formatting (0.25 points): Use APA 6th edition formatting consistently throughout the assignment.
Next Steps: Review and Submit the Assignment Review your assignment, utilizing the Grading Rubric, to ensure you have achieved the distinguished levels of performance for each criterion. Next, submit your document no later than Day 7.
Recommendation: The MASE program provides you with the opportunity to create an online portfolio that can be used in your career development and professional practice. Throughout the program, you will have various assessments that can be included in this e-portfolio and these will be finalized in the last course of the MASE program, ESE699. You may select this assignment and subsequent coursework to be included as artifacts. Therefore, it is strongly encouraged you save your coursework on a flash-drive (e.g., a USB removable drive) or store in a cloud-based option such as Dropbox, Google Drive, or other similar applications.
Carefully review the Grading Rubric (Links to an external site.) for the criteria that will be used to evaluate your assignment.
-research paper writing service
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
Free Unlimited Revisions
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
Original & Confidential
24/7 Customer Support
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.