DOCUMENT 5essayProject 2: Complete Psychiatric Analysis and Affected person Case Presentation Photograph Credit score: Pexels
Complete psychiatric evaluations are a strategy to mirror in your practicum experiences and join the experiences to the educational you acquire out of your weekly Studying Sources. Complete notes, similar to those required on this practicum course, are sometimes utilized in scientific settings to doc affected person care.
For this Project, you'll doc details about a affected person that you just examined over the last 5 weeks, utilizing the Complete Psychiatric Analysis Template offered. You'll then use this be aware to develop and file a case presentation for this affected person.
To Put together
• Choose a affected person that you just examined over the last 5 weeks. Overview prior sources on the dysfunction this affected person has. Additionally evaluation the Kaltura Media Uploader useful resource within the left-hand navigation of the classroom for assist creating your self-recorded Kaltura video.
• Conduct a Complete Psychiatric Analysis on this affected person utilizing the template offered within the Studying Sources. There may be additionally a accomplished exemplar doc within the Studying Sources so as to see an instance of the sorts of data a accomplished analysis doc ought to comprise. All psychiatric evaluations have to be signed, and every web page have to be initialed by your Preceptor. While you submit your doc, you need to embrace the whole Complete Psychiatric Analysis as a Phrase doc, in addition to a PDF/photographs of every web page that's initialed and signed by your Preceptor. You need to submit your doc utilizing SafeAssign. Please Notice: Digital signatures usually are not accepted. If each recordsdata usually are not obtained by the due date, College will deduct factors per the Walden Late Insurance policies.
• Develop a video case presentation, based mostly in your progress be aware of this affected person, that features chief criticism; historical past of current sickness; any pertinent previous psychiatric, substance use, medical, social, household historical past; most up-to-date psychological standing examination; and present psychiatric analysis, together with differentials that have been dominated out.
• Embody a minimum of 5 (5) scholarly sources to help your evaluation and diagnostic reasoning.
• Guarantee that you've got the suitable lighting and tools to file the presentation.
Document your self presenting the complicated case to your scientific affected person. In your presentation:
• Costume professionally with a lab coat and current your self in an expert method.
• Show your picture ID at first of the video while you introduce your self.
• Make sure that you don't embrace any data that violates the ideas of HIPAA (i.e., don’t use the affected person’s identify or some other figuring out data).
• Current the total case. Embody chief criticism; historical past of current sickness; any pertinent previous psychiatric, substance use, medical, social, household historical past; most up-to-date psychological standing examination; and present psychiatric analysis, together with differentials that have been dominated out.
• Report regular diagnostic outcomes because the identify of the check and “regular” (reasonably than particular worth). Irregular outcomes needs to be reported as a selected worth.
Be succinct in your presentation, and don't exceed eight minutes. Handle the next:
• Subjective: What particulars did the affected person present relating to their private and medical historical past? What are their signs of concern? How lengthy have they been experiencing them, and what's the severity? How are their signs impacting their functioning?
• Goal: What observations did you make in the course of the interview and evaluation of programs?
• Evaluation: What have been your differential diagnoses? Present a minimal of three (three) attainable diagnoses. Listing them from highest to lowest precedence. What was your major analysis, and why?
• Reflection notes: What would you do in another way in an identical affected person analysis?
By Day 7
Submit your Video and Complete Psychiatric Analysis. You need to submit two (2) recordsdata for the analysis, together with a Phrase doc and scanned PDF/photographs of every web page that's initialed and signed by your Preceptor. Studying Sources Required Readings (click on to broaden/cut back) HSoft Company. (2020). Meditrek: Dwelling. https://edu.meditrek.com/Default.html
Notice: Use this web site to log into Meditrek to report your scientific hours and affected person encounters. Doc: Complete Psychiatric Analysis Template (Phrase doc) Doc: Complete Psychiatric Analysis Exemplar (Phrase doc) Really helpful Sources American Psychiatric Affiliation. (2013). Disruptive, impulse-control, and conduct issues. In Diagnostic and statistical handbook of psychological issues (fifth ed.). Arlington, VA: Writer. doi:10.1176/appi.books.9780890425596.dsm15 American Psychiatric Affiliation. (2013). Dissociative issues. In Diagnostic and statistical handbook of psychological issues (fifth ed.). Arlington, VA: Writer. doi:10.1176/appi.books.9780890425596.dsm08 American Psychiatric Affiliation. (2013). Somatic symptom and associated issues. In Diagnostic and statistical handbook of psychological issues (fifth ed.). Arlington, VA: Writer. doi:10.1176/appi.books.9780890425596.dsm09 Sadock, B. J., Sadock, V. A., & Ruiz, P. (2015). Kaplan and Sadock’s synopsis of psychiatry: Behavioral sciences/scientific psychiatry (11th ed.). Wolters Kluwer.
• Chapter 12, “Dissociative Problems”
• Chapter 13, “Psychosomatic Drugs”
• Chapter 19, “Disruptive, Impulse-Management, and Conduct Problems”
• Chapter 31, “Baby Psychiatry”
o Part 31.13, “Nervousness Problems of Infancy, Childhood, and Adolescence”
o Part 31.14, “Obsessive-Compulsive Dysfunction in Childhood and Adolescence” Walden College. (2020). Faculty of Nursing practicum handbook: Grasp of science in nursing (MSN) and post-master’s certificates packages. https://academicguides.waldenu.edu/fieldexperience/son/formsanddocuments Walden College Subject Expertise. (2020a). Subject expertise: Faculty of Nursing. https://academicguides.waldenu.edu/fieldexperience/son/residence Walden College Subject Expertise. (2020b). Scholar practicum sources: NP scholar orientation. https://academicguides.waldenu.edu/StudentPracticum/NP_StudentOrientation ________________________________________ CASE STUDY
M C 32 YEAR OLD FEMALE WITH DEPRESSION, ANXIETY, AND PTSD
ZOLOFT 20MG PO QD
ALPRAZOLAM zero.5MG PO TID PRN
ABILIFY 5MG PO QD
PRAZOSIN 5MG PO QHS
TRAZODONE 100MG PO QHS
AMBIEN 10MG PO QHS PRN
SHE HAD A GOOD JOB AND WAS LAID OFF AND BECAME DEPRESSED
MOOD/AFFECT- SAD AND DEPRESSED
DAD NOT DOING WELL
MOM IS ALIVE AND WELL
SIBLINGS ONE BRO AND SIS
COPING SKILLS- WALKING AND EXERCISING FOR 1 HOUR, TALKING TO MOM AND COUNSELOR.
WITHDRAWN FROM FRIENDS
NOT MARRIED BUT HAS A BOYFRIEND
SLEEP- DIFFICULTY SLEEPING TAKES AMBIEM MOST TIMES -research paper writing service