Global Paper Assignment
United States v.s India on Depression
A DALY or disability adjusted life years is a term used an indicator of health status global and public health. It is a summary of losses due to premature death and years lived within a population.
Global Burden of Disease Study: http://www.healthdata.org/sites/default/files/files/policy_report/2019/GBD_2017_Booklet.pdf
Choose one of the leading causes of DALY: Depression
Find a low- middle income nation (India) which also experiences a similar increased morbidity and mortality from this condition and compare this to the United States.
1. Explain the pathophysiology/ etiology of the problem
2. Identify and explain the risk factors for this problem
3. Determine who is most affected and the incidence/prevalence for this condition in both countries
4. Choose three (3) social determinants for health for each country and explain how these contribute to the increased incidence/prevalence and subsequent poor outcomes from this condition. They do not have to be the same for both countries After presenting the 3 social determinants, provide a summary on any similarities/differences and how different disparities/inequities in social determinants can lead to the same poor health outcome. Think education, socioeconomics, culture, gender, ethnicity, technology, access to care, safety, water and food insecurities, political landscape but certainly not limited to these.
5. Identify three (3) interventions (public health, private, NGO etc.) which are being used in each country to control this chronic health problem and are these interventions effective?
6. Pick one Sustainable Development Goal and one Healthy People 2020 goal related to the problem and explain the relevance of the goal to the problem
7. Using an upstream thinking approach—pick one determinant that if improved would markedly decrease the morbidity and mortality of this health problem. Give a strong explanation with examples and explain how the role of the nurse fits into this plan.
8. Explain how you will bring the knowledge you learned from this project back to your bedside care
APA and Grammar. In text citations are a must.
Paper should be 3-4 pages
9. Pick 3 social determinants of health and explain how these contribute to the increased incidence and prevalence and poor outcomes. They do not have to be the same for both countries:
Think (but not limited to)
Culture/ Religion/ Ethnicity/ Gender
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
Free Unlimited Revisions
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
Original & Confidential
24/7 Customer Support
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.