CNA342 -Assessment task clinical reportAssessment Task 3: Clinical report guidelines
CNA342 -Assessment task clinical report
Assessment task 3 guidelines: clinical report
Length: 1500 words
Due: Friday 16th October 1500hrs
Assessment task 3: clinical report (50%)
There will be two ISBAR scenarios provided, with paent informaon and images. Please choose only one of these scenarios to
focus on for your wrien report.
There are two main focus areas for the wrien report:
1) Describe in detail the assessment ('airway and breathing' or 'circulaon') of an acutely unwell child. You must describe the
assessment as indicated on the scenario;
2) Outline the likely findings from that assessment based on the informaon and images provided in the clinical scenario; and
2) Describe in detail the underlying pathophysiology related to the assessment findings.
CNA342 Child, Youth and Family Health Care AA
Unit Home Content Communicaon Assessments Grades Groups Classlist Admin & Help
The assessment of the unwell child should cover the type of assessments you would undertake, what you are likely to find based
on the informaon provided in the clinical scenario, and how these findings differ from the normal findings for that child if they
were not unwell. The assessment should be relevant and specific to the child’s condion and developmental stage.
The descripon of the underlying pathophysiology should directly relate to the assessment findings. For example, what is the
underlying pathophysiology that is causing the breath sounds heard when auscultang the child or infant’s chest? The descripon
of the pathophysiology should be relevant and specific to the child’s condion and developmental stage.
1. Demonstrates comprehensive understanding of how to undertake an accurate assessment of an infant or child presenng with a
respiratory or gastrointesnal condion (40%)
2. Demonstrates effecve communicaon skills (20%)
3. Demonstrates detailed understanding of the underlying pathophysiology associated with a common paediatric respiratory or
gastrointesnal condion (40%)
The rubrics for the assessment task provides more detailed informaon about the assessment criteria.
Template provided by the Digital Innovation Team (mailto:email@example.com)
You have viewed this topic
Last Visited 16 September, 2020 18:15