Cis255-composing and using regular expressions
Task 2: Composing and Utilizing Common Expressions
Due Week 9 and price 20 factors
Common expressions grew to become well-liked with the introduction of the UNIX working system in 1960s and its textual content processing instruments resembling grep and ed.
Write a two to a few (2-Three) web page paper wherein you:
- Outline common expressions and clarify their function.
- Present a minimum of three (Three) examples which show the way in which common expressions work.
- Look at the shortcomings of standard expressions and describe a minimum of two (2) conditions the place utilizing them could be inappropriate.
- Use a minimum of three (Three) high quality sources on this task. Be aware: Wikipedia and comparable Web sites don't qualify as high quality sources.
- Format your task in line with the next formatting necessities:
- Typed, double spaced, utilizing Instances New Roman font (measurement 12), with one-inch margins on all sides.
- Embody a canopy web page containing the title of the task, the scholar’s identify, the professor’s identify, the course title, and the date. The duvet web page isn't included within the required web page size.
- Embody a reference web page. Citations and references should observe APA format. The reference web page isn't included within the required web page size.
The precise course studying outcomes related to this task are:
- Determine and create easy common expressions.
- Use know-how and data sources to analysis points in working methods.
- Write clearly and concisely about UNIX / Linux matters utilizing correct writing mechanics and technical model conventions.