APU HIST101 FINAL EXAMQuery 1 of four
1. Clarify why there have been no main witchcraft scares
within the Chesapeake colonies and no rebellion like Bacon's Rise up in New
England. Take into account the doable social, financial, and non secular causes
of each phenomena.
2. What made Native American peoples susceptible to conquest by European adventurers?
three. What was the position of the colonies within the British mercantilist system?
four. How did the Nice Conflict for Empire change the connection between England and its American colonies?
Query 2 of four
1. The narrative means that the battle for American
independence was not inevitable, that the British empire may have been
saved. Do you agree? At what level throughout the imperial disaster was
peaceable compromise doable?
2. Who was in charge for Britain's failure to win a fast victory over
the American rebels: Common Howe, Common Burgoyne, or the ministers in
London? Clarify your reply.
three. Why did Britain change to a Southern army technique? Why did that technique finally fail?
four. Why was the Structure a controversial doc even because it was being written?
Query three of four
1. Weigh the relative significance of the Industrial
and Market revolutions in altering the American financial system. In what methods
was the financial system completely different in 1860 from what it had been in 1800? How
would you clarify these variations?
2. In what methods did the rising industrial financial system battle with
artisan republicanism? How did wage laborers reply to the brand new
three. Why did Protestant Christianity and Protestant girls emerge as forces for social change?
four. Why did girls's points all of the sudden develop into so outstanding in American tradition?
Query four of four
1. How did plantation crops and the slavery system change between 1800 and 1860? Why did these modifications happen?
2. How did the abolitionistsâ proposals and strategies differ from these of
earlier antislavery actions? Why did these proposals and strategies
arouse such hostility within the South and within the North?
three. What was the connection between the collapse of the Second Social gathering
System of Whigs and Democrats and the Republican victory within the election
four. In 1860, the establishment of slavery was firmly entrenched within the
United States; by 1865, it was useless. How did this occur? How did Union
coverage towards slavery and enslaved individuals change over the course of the
battle? Why did it change?