. Which letter on the microscope points to the
COARSE ADJUSTMENT ______
FINE ADJUSTMENT ______
STAGE CENTERING ______
View the slide labeled cheek smear. Sketch the image at Scanning, Low and High Power. LABEL on high power the CELL MEMBRANE, CYTOPLASM, and NUCLEUS.
3. Go to google and type “cheek cells” into the search box. Click on “images” to see all the images google has found on the web showing cheek cells (there should be hundreds).
What do all of these images have in common?
How do the cells vary from one picture to the next (how are they different)?
4. Why are the google images of cells different colors? What is the natural color of a cheek cell?
5. Use the internet or your textbook to define or describe each of the following terms that relate to the cell.
cell membrane –
6. Keeping in mind that the mouth is the first site of chemical digestion in a human. Your saliva starts the process of breaking down the food you eat. Keeping this in mind, what organelle do you think would be the most numerous inside the cells of your mouth? (Hint: what organelle is responsible for breaking things down and digesting?)
You will be looking at the slide (top right) labeled “letter e”. Follow the tutorial and use the microscope adjustments to focus the “e” on each of the objectives.
Draw the “e” exactly as it appears
1. Familiarize yourself with the microscope, run the tutorial and examine the parts you will be working with.
a. How many objectives are on the virtual microscope?
b. What are the numbers listed on each of the objectives?
o complete the lab: Access the UD Virtual Compound Microscope
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
Free Unlimited Revisions
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
Original & Confidential
24/7 Customer Support
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.