Marketing Management (MGT 201)
Part-A Case Study
Read the Chapter Case Study entitled Yogurt Lovers say, “It’s All Greek to Me” from Chapter- 11 “Product, Branding and Packaging decisions” Page: – 381 given in your textbook – “Marketing” (8th Edition) by Dhruv. Grewal and Michael. Levy (2022) and answer the following Questions:
1. Generally speaking, what type of product is yogurt? Does your answer change for the different product categories that ‘Chobani’ has defined for its offerings? (2 Marks)
2. Is ‘Chobani’s’ introduction of yogurt for children a brand extension or line extension? Explain. (2 Marks)
3. How is ‘Chobani’ positioning its various product categories currently? How is it communicating its current positioning strategy? (2 Marks)
Part-B Critical Thinking
Answer the following questions based on the concepts discussed in Chapter- 13, 15 and 18
1. Assume you were hired by the local grocery store to help in assessing its service quality based on the five service dimensions to determine the overall service quality: reliability, responsiveness, assurance, empathy, and tangibles. How would you go about undertaking this project? (Ch-13) (3 Marks) Assume you were hired by a local grocery store to assist in assessing its service quality across five service dimensions to determine overall service quality: dependability, responsiveness, assurance, empathy, and tangibles. What steps would you take to complete this project? (Ch-13) (3 Marks)
2. Price skimming and market penetration pricing are the two important pricing strategies used by Marketers. Ahmad wants to launch his new backpack in the local market. Being a marketer which pricing strategy you will suggest him to use and why? (Ch-15) (3 Marks)
3. Do you find any difference between advertising and public relations? How can public relations contribute to a firm’s IMC? Explain with the help of a suitable example.(CH-18) (3 Marks)
1. Answer all the questions based on your understanding from the concepts discussed in the class, PPTs and Text book.
2. Justify your answers with at least two references for each question.
3. If plagiarism is more than 25% you will get 0 marks for the questions concerned.