FIN416 (1st Term 2022-2023)
Deadline: 10/11/2022 @ 23:59
Course Name: Islamic Finance Student’s Name:
For Instructor’s Use only
Instructor’s Name: Dr. Sulaiman Mania Aldhawyan
Students’ Grade: / 30 Level of Marks: High/Middle/Low
Instructions – PLEASE READ THEM CAREFULLY
• This assignment is an individual assignment.
• The Assignment must be submitted only in WORD format via allocated folder.
• Assignments submitted through email will not be accepted.
• Students are advised to make their work clear and well presented, marks may be reduced for poor presentation. This includes filling your information on the cover page.
• Students must mention question number clearly in their answer.
• Late submission will NOT be accepted.
• Avoid plagiarism, the work should be in your own words, copying from students or other resources without proper referencing will result in ZERO marks. No exceptions.
• All answered must be typed using Times New Roman (size 12, double-spaced) font. No pictures containing text will be accepted and will be considered plagiarism).
Submissions without this cover page will NOT be accepted.
You are to write between a 3,000 to 5,000 word assignment in the form of a scholarly article for publication in a major law review journal on any one of the following topics:
• The international regulatory bodies and standards for Islamic financial institutions (IFIs).
• Financial technologies (FinTech) in Islamic finance sector.
• An analysis of the structuring of Islamic securities; namely sukuk.
• The Shariah governance of IFIs: Operation and Challenges
• The distinctions between Islamic insurance—takaful—and conventional insurance.
• The contemporary applications of the classical contracts in Islamic finance (choose one or two contracts; for example: murabahah and/or mudarabah).
• Other areas related to Islamic finance sector.