Read Chapter 7 in the textbook and review the videos to prepare for this discussion.
Critical thinking within an interdisciplinary or interprofessional team is an underlying assumption for healthcare workers today. You have now become the leader of a unit with 10 staff members. Your manager informs you that you are to build a better, functional, and successful team. Use the following points to educate your staff:
– Define the characteristics of interdisciplinary or interprofessional teams.
– Distinguish between team thinking and group thinking.
– Differentiate individual thinking characteristics and team thinking characteristics. Define the characteristics of interprofessional or interdisciplinary teams.
– Differentiate between team and group thinking.
– Differentiate between individual and team thinking qualities.
Use the discussion rubric to guide your writing and responses.
* Your original post should be approximately 150 words.
* Correct grammar, spelling, and punctuation are expected.
* Provide your sources of information (references: two (2) peer-reviewed nursing articles).
* Read and respond in no fewer than 50 words to at least 2 of your classmate’s posts.
* The responses should contribute to the topic and discussion and not merely voice agreement or dissent.
* Use the Reply button to respond.