After studying Module 2: Lecture Materials & Resources, discuss the following:
• Focusing on women’s health:
o Name and describe the components and rationale of the gynecological health history.
o Define and describe each component of the GTPAL system used to document pregnancy history.
• Following the guidelines of the United States Preventive Service Taskforce (USPSTF) what screening recommendations would you do to G.R. a 66-year-old female patient who visits you at the office for the first time (last visit to her PCP 5 years ago) with only positive health history of hysterectomy 10 years ago due to fibroids. What screening recommendations would you make to G.R., a 66-year-old female patient who contacts you for the first time (last visit to her PCP 5 years ago) with only a favorable health history of hysterectomy 10 years ago due to fibroids, based on USPSTF guidelines?
• A 35-year-old women with a BMI of 40 comes in asking about combined hormonal contraception’s. You explain the contraindications for hormonal contraception include (name more than 4 contraindications).
• Your initial post should be 500 words, formatted and cited in current APA 7th style with support from at least 3 academic sources.
• Turnitin similarity should be less than 14%
• Quotes “…” cannot be used at a higher learning level for your assignments, so sentences need to be paraphrased and referenced.
• Acceptable references include scholarly journal articles or primary legal sources (statutes, court opinions), journal articles, and books published in the last five years. No websites to be referenced without prior approval.
Schuiling, K. D., Likis, F. E. (2022). Gynecologic Health Care with an Introduction to Prenatal and Postpartum Care (4th Ed). Jones & Bartlett Learning, Burlington, MA. ISBN: 9781284182347
• Fitzgerald, A. M. (2017). Nurse Practitioner Certification Examination and Practice Preparation. Philadelphia, PA: F.A. Davis Company. ISBN: 978-0803660427
Read and watch the lecture resources & materials below early in the week to help you respond to the discussion questions and to complete your assignment(s).
• Schuiling, K. D., & Likis, F. E. (2022).
o Chapter 7
Chapter 7 Download Chapter 7
o Chapter 9
Chapter 9 Download Chapter 9
o Chapters 12-14
Chapter 12 Download Chapter 12
Chapter 13 Download Chapter 13
Chapter 14 Download Chapter 14
Online Materials & Resources
• Visit the CINAHL Complete under the A-to-Z Databases on the University Library’s website and locate the articles below:
o Ayiasi, R. M., Criel, B., Orach, C. G., Nabiwemba, E., & Kolsteren, P. (2014). Primary healthcare worker knowledge related to prenatal and immediate newborn care: a cross sectional study in Masindi, Uganda. BMC Health Services Research, 14(1), 65. doi:10.1186/1472-6963-14-65.
o Stanek, J. (2016). Association of coexisting morphological umbilical cord abnormality and clinical cord compromise with hypoxic and thrombotic placental histology. Virchows Archiv, 468(6), 723-732. doi:10.1007/s00428-016-1921-1.
o BEST PRACTICES IN the Management and Treatment of Postpartum Hemorrhage. (2017). Contemporary OB/GYN, 2-8.
o Wattie, L. (2017). Implementation of PLAT (Preterm Labor Assessment Toolkit): A System-Wide Initiative to Improve Preterm Labor Outcomes. Contemporary OB/GYN, 621-4.