The purpose of this assignment is to assess your understanding of various disease processes, treatment options, how the outcomes of different pathologic conditions affect quality of life, and any adverse effects or side effects of drugs used to treat various diseases. By completing this assignment, the student will be meeting the multiple learning objectives listed below in the “Instructions.”
Complete the following steps: Considering the following 3 conditions:
1-Acute rhinitis( common cold)
• Analyze each of the conditions you chose by:
1. Verifying the etiology of each condition.
2. Fully describe the conditions.
3. Identifying the implications of the condition on different body systems.
• Identify the various pharmacological treatment options by:
1. Describing the various pharmacological treatment options for each condition.
2. Identifying the application and route for each treatment option.
3. Define the drug classification for each treatment option (ie. Opioid, Antibiotic, ACE Inhibitor, etc.).
4. Explaining side effects (secondary unwanted effect that occurs due to drug therapy) of each drug. describing each medication’s potential adverse effects, often known as side effects, which can be caused by taking the drug.
Identifying any potential adverse responses (unintended pharmacologic effects that can arise even when a medication is taken as directed) associated with each medication.
5. Identifying any adverse reactions (unintended pharmacologic effects that occur when a medication is administered correctly) for each drug.
• Analyze the outcomes of the conditions you chose and how they affect the patient’s quality of life.
Reference: Pathopharmacology, Bruce J Colbert MS, RRT / Kurtis Pierce MBA, RRT