Planning for our patients during times of transitions (for example: hospital to home, home to rehabilitation facility) involves collaboration with a number of healthcare professionals. Please address the following questions:
• How does your facility promote interprofessional collaboration during times of patient transitions?
• What is the role of the nurse in patient transitions?
• What gaps can you identify in this process related to quality of care? (If you are not currently in practice, please use a previous role or clinical experience in your answers.)
This is the week to really see where technology and healthcare are connecting. Select ONE of the following trends and discuss your understanding of this trend in healthcare and its potential impact on your practice as a nurse. What are the legal, privacy, and ethical considerations of this trend? (Everyone attempt to choose a different topic so that we will learn about the many advancements in technology). Choose ONE of the following healthcare trends and talk about what you know about it and how it might affect your work as a nurse. What do the law, privacy, and morality have to say about this trend? (Each person should try to pick a different topic so that we can learn about the many ways technology has changed).
• Consumer health informatics (CHI)
• Social media healthcare applications
• Health-focused wearable technology
• Artificial Intelligence
• Computerized provider order entry (CPOE)
• Bar Code Medication Administration (BCMA)
• Creative measures in healthcare for use with 3D printers
• Smart Pumps
• Smart Rooms
• Robotics in healthcare
• Mobile technology in outpatient care
• Web-based tools and software technology
• Risk Management tools
• Chatbots or Bots in healthcare
• Technology advancement from your clinical practice
• Palm Vein Technology
• Microchip use in healthcare
• Optical head-mounted computer glasses (Google Glass)
• Smart hospital beds