Functional Assessment of the Older Adult Questions
1. Differentiate the following, and provide 2 examples of each:
• Activities of daily living (ADLs)
• Instrumental activities of daily living (IADLs)
• Advanced activities of daily living (AADLs)
2. Discuss at least 2 disorders that may alter an older adult’s cognition.
3. What are some indications of possible caregiver burnout?
4. Describe a method of assessing an older adult for depression.
5. Describe 3 contexts of care of an older adult.
6. How do falls affect older adults? Name some interventions.
Jarvis, Carolyn: PHYSICAL EXAMINATION AND HEALTH ASSESSMENT: Study Guide and Laboratory Manual, Eighth Edition. Copyright © 2020, 2016, 2012, 2008, 2004, 2000, 1996 by Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.