PROD 1026 (Set 25.01.2022 Due 9.04.2022)
Advanced Principles in Supply Chain Management
SUPPLY CHAIN RESILIENCE IN LARGE ORGANISATIONS
(Context: Covid19 Pandemic TIME November 2019 – December 2021).
You will produce a typed professional written report.
(Refer to advice in coursework submission section on style / referencing and similarity),
Identify any suitable substantial1 Engineering related firm/company/joint venture/contractor or consultant organisation.
– A) Briefly introduce and describe the organisation (who are they and what do they do2)
– B) Briefly describe how and why their business and customers were affected by the pandemic.
– C) Identify A Key supplier in their supply chain (vital supplier)
Part 2 main Section
– A) Identify if and how the chosen organisation had to change their “business model” with respect to their supply chain (up and down stream) because of the pandemic.
– B) Identify and describe any Government/State “assistance” that the business and/or supply chain have received3 what has been the effect of this aid (if no aid was necessary, why was this).
– C) Describe if and how the supply chain has needed to adapt for the chosen organisation as affected by the factors concerning the pandemic.
– D) List the key supply chain related, strategic choices that the organisation has implemented.
Part 3 – Conclusion and Recommendations
– A) Conclusion – Was the chosen organisation successful in adapting to the “Pandemic”4
– B) Recommendations – With Hindsight, would you have changed the strategic choices of your chosen organisation (and why).
*1 “substantial” = well known multinational (large but not necessarily a company),
*2 “what they do” = what they normally do pre pandemic (this may have changed),
*3 “governmental aid” = there may not be any or it may be obscure such as “UK eat out to help out scheme”.
*4 “successful” = this must be substantial and should not have any new information, (also it is your opinion, but you will need to evidence it, i.e. just answering “yes” or “no” is not an appropriate response but the answer may be negative).
Submission will be formal technical report style.
Produce a single professional report explaining the steps and showing all your working,
The Structure of the report will follow this detailed marking scheme:
Section Contents (refer to above guidance) Marks /100
Title page Course, work title, date (final submission) 1
Contents Page List of all sections to be submitted with Part 3 only. 4
Introduction (structure as appropriate) 5
PT 1B 5
PT 1C 5
Main Section (structure as appropriate) 15
PT 2B 10
PT 2C 10
PT 2D 10
PT 3A Conclusion and Recommendations 10
PT 3B 10
Style, grammar, and spelling 5
2ADVICE: PLEASE Refer to University of Greenwich Policy on original work!
You are expected to reference all your findings, do not copy, or plagiarise (please seek advice if you are not certain on what this means there are lots of resources in the library services).
Appropriate and useful images are permitted (make sure that you have referenced the source or that they are your own work).
You are expected to draw on your learnings/reading within the module, and to apply the theory into the context of your chosen organisation.
IF UNCERTAIN WHAT TO DO, send ME A SHORT EMAIL, THERE WILL BE SOME TIME DURING THE LECTURE TO DISCUSS.
NO TWO REPORTS WILL BE THE SAME
(EVEN IF YOU CHOSE THE SAME COMPANIES) if this occurs there will be severe consequences.
Text, strictly 2000-2500 words
PRODUCT 1026 (Set 25.01.2022 Due 9.04.2022)
Assignment on Advanced Supply Chain Management Principles 1 SUPPLY CHAIN RELIABILITY IN LARGE ORGANISATIONS (Context: Covid19 Pandemic TIME November 2019 – December 2021).
You will write a typed professional report.
(Refer to the style/referencing/similarity guidelines in the coursework submission section), Identify any relevant substantial1 Engineering related firm/company/joint venture/contractor or consulting organization.
Introduction to Part 1
– A) Introduce and characterize the organization briefly (who are they and what do they do2)
– B) Describe briefly how and why the epidemic impacted their business and consumers.
– C) Determine a key source in their supply chain (vital supplier)
Section 2 of Part 2
– A) Determine whether and how the chosen organization’s “business model” in terms of supply required to alter.