Art History Project – Hands on & Assignment
Part 1 Write
1. Pick a style that we have either examined so far (i.e. Paleolithic Cave painting, Egyptian art, Sumerian, Aegean, etc.) or be adventurous, read ahead, and do one we have yet to examine from our course.
2. Create a self- portrait in the style chosen from #1. “A self-portrait is a representation of an artist that is drawn, painted, photographed, or sculpted by that artist. “ – Wikipedia
3. Your portrait can be created in any medium, as long as it is appropriate for the style you are choosing.
4. Your piece should either be done in the material used in the original artwork or a material that is as close to the original material as possible (it needs to mock the material used in the original style).
*If the artwork you are mocking is something like a piece of jewelry then the self-portrait might contain symbols of you and not your actual face or body.
**You may include your family/pets in your self-portrait, as they may be a big part of YOU.
1. Write a short essay (2 paragraphs) describing the particular style, pertinent historical information, and how your self-portrait adheres to this style by listing materials used and how they relate to materials used in the original piece.
2. Photograph your art (from all angles) and your process including the materials you used before they were transformed into art.
Part 3 – Compile.
Put your 2-paragraph essay, photos of your process, photos of your materials, and photos of your final artwork from multiple angles together in one word document.
Digital Book available to view.
Project does not have any attached files