CRJ 142 – Last Mission
Aim: Exhibit a sensible utility of main factors (data) from the textbook, lectures and course ideas whereas evaluating a real-life murder case.
• You’ll be able to choose any real-life crime file so long as there may be sufficient info accessible to confirm the precise occasion(s) and full the necessities.
• Locations to contemplate getting a case file are Netflix, HBO, Forensic Information, Crime 360.
The project has three components.
1. First establish a murder case in your profile and enter the identify of the case within the dialogue put up. As soon as entered nobody else can select that case.
2. Second, conduct analysis into your case with a give attention to the presentation classes.
three. Third submit each a video presentation of your reinvestigation (approx.. 10 minutes) utilizing the video dropbox and submit of your analysis notes and sources used within the project dropbox.
It might assist to strategy this project with a “comparability” mentality….on one aspect could be the proper world / classroom instruction aspect and the way issues are purported to occur (legally and morally) and on the opposite aspect what truly occurred in the course of the investigation. You’re accountable for demonstrating an understanding of all of the investigative ideas mentioned and offered all year long
CRJ 142 Last Mission notes (worksheet)
Please alter the spacing as vital.
1. Current an outline (the entire case in short) of the case information
2. Focus on the class, kind and worth of the vital items of proof
three. What proof was processed within the lab and the way did the outcomes affect the trial.
four. If an interrogation passed off of the suspect (or any key witness) analyze that course of….had been the police efficient of their interrogation course of?
5. Establish any authorized points (Search warrants, Eye witness ID….and so on) that will affect the due means of this investigation.
6. Summarize the trial course of (Opening, Case Information, Protection, and Closing (Consists of witness testimony and skilled witnesses). Clarify what witness(es) had essentially the most affect.
7. Describe any errors within the case (Police, Lab, District Lawyer, Protection Lawyer). Focus on why you’re feeling these had been errors and what affect they could have had.
eight. Extra info related to this investigation (possibly what didn’t get utilized in court docket or impeached witnesses or analysis / authorized precedent that would have been used).
9. Outcomes of the felony case….How lengthy did the jury deliberate, what did the jurors must say in post-trial interviews….what was the decision.
10. Your remaining opinion (This can be a abstract reflection and analysis, primarily based on the totality of your reinvestigation on the case as an entire. Was the case robust, was the right verdict reached, what issues did you see, what was not addressed, any authorized points you disagreed with and why….and so on)
11. How did the precise investigation examine to the course content material of CRJ 142?