Ashford 2: – Week 1 – Dialogue 2
Your preliminary dialogue thread is due on Day three (Thursday) and you have until Day 7 (Monday) to answer to your classmates. Your grade will replicate every the usual of your preliminary publish and the depth of your responses. Reference the Discussion Forum Grading Rubric for steering on how your dialogue will be evaluated.
Writing About Literature
Put collectively: Earlier to writing your preliminary publish, be taught Chapters 1 by three of Journey into Literature.
Mirror: As we explored throughout the “Why Be taught Literature?” dialogue, literature can current us with a large number of views, ideas, and experiences. Furthermore, there is a prolonged customized of necessary finding out and writing about literature (i.e., analyzing literature to hunt a deeper understanding about quite a few pursuits and points). Chapter 2 focuses on these ideas. Ponder why of us write and the way in which that writing may revenue us.
Write: Your preliminary publish have to be on the very least 200 phrases in measurement. The minimal phrase rely does not embody references. In your publish, reply the following questions:
- Why might a writer actually really feel compelled to place in writing about literature? How does it revenue us personally and/or professionally?
- What kind of writing and pondering talents do you hope that you’re going to develop on this course based on the define of writing about literature in Sections 1.1, 2.1, and 2.three of the textual content material?
- Incorporate readings current in Chapters 1 by three to help illustrate the components you make.
Reply to Buddies: Reply to on the very least two of your classmate’s preliminary posts. Each response have to be on the very least 75 phrases in measurement and will sort out two or additional of the subsequent components:
- Do you agree collectively together with your classmates’ views? Why, or why not? Be explicit.
- Ask a specific question to encourage extra dialogue on the topic.
- Drawback your classmates’ interpretation of literature and/or viewpoint.
- Do a small amount of study and share what you research along with your pals regarding the topic talked about in this publish.