2. Requirements of Care: Case 5-1 (Guido, 2020)
The affected person, Mrs. Calvin, was a frail 89-year-old-female, admitted to a med/surg ground following a collection of transient ischemic assaults. She had an extended historical past of hypertension, elevated levels of cholesterol, earlier myocardial infarction, and quite a few hip surgical procedures. Coumadin was ordered as a precaution in opposition to blood clots that would result in an embolism or stroke. Her PT/INR values have been discovered to be suboptimal, and the Coumadin dose was elevated by the physician when notified by the nurses of the lab values. A PT/INR stage was ordered to be drawn once more the subsequent day. Two days later the affected person started vomiting blood and was transferred to ICU. Her PT/INR stage was past therapeutic stage, and he or she died the subsequent day from a gastrointestinal hemorrhage. If you happen to have been the chief nursing officer for the hospital what inside and exterior requirements would you establish as a part of your investigation? Why do you assume these requirements are useful within the investigation? Why are these requirements related from the stand level of regulating nursing follow?
- Texas Board of Nursing. (2019). Place assertion 15.28: The registered nurse scope of follow. Retrieved from https://www.bon.texas.gov/practice_bon_position_statements_content.asp#15.28 (Hyperlinks to an exterior web site.)
- Texas Board of Nursing. (2019). Place assertion 15.14: Responsibility of a nurse in any follow setting. Retrieved from https://www.bon.texas.gov/practice_bon_position_statements_content.asp#15.14 (Hyperlinks to an exterior web site.)
- Nationwide Council of State Boards of Nursing. (2010). Board of nursing criticism course of: Investigation to decision. Retrieved from https://www.ncsbn.org/426.htm (Hyperlinks to an exterior web site.)
- Texas Board of Nursing. (2020). Interactive on-line course: Nursing laws for secure follow.Austin, TX: Creator. Retrieved from https://www.bon.texas.gov/catalog/product/#bon-nrspGet Nursing homework help as we speak