Task 2: Financial Approaches within the Age of Industrialization
Historical past 105: Due Week 6 and value 120 factors (Dr. Stansbury)
Submission deadline: 11:59pm Japanese Time; Tuesday evening, February 18
(at some point extension because of Presidents Day on Feb. 17)
In Task 2, we ask you to select considered one of two subject decisions listed under as regards to financial change and innovation within the interval of the late 1800s and early 1900s, then use the Writing Information supplied in Blackboard to put in writing a paper on the topic. One subject is on the person stage of pioneering entrepreneurs of the interval, who developed distinctive methods for the manufacturing and advertising of very various kinds of merchandise. The opposite subject is on the macro stage, exploring profitable and unsuccessful authorities makes an attempt to form and regulate the altering industrial economic system of the interval.
As you put together and brainstorm your paper, first learn and assessment what our Schultz textbook covers on the topic. Then, contemplate the opposite sources listed with every subject under. It will be significant that you simply assessment these sources fastidiously since you should use a minimal of three sources (from the checklist under) to put in writing your paper. Apart from this instruction sheet and the Writing Information, you should definitely assessment the opposite helps (paperwork or video) supplied by your teacher. For data on the SWS format, see the “Strayer Writing Requirements” tab on the decrease left of your Blackboard course shell.
TOPIC CHOICE ONE: Progressive Entrepreneurs—Walker and Ford
Right here you’ll deal with the enterprise approaches of Madame C. J. Walker and Henry Ford. Each developed revolutionary and profitable approaches in a time of speedy financial change. You’ll compare them in the way they started their respective businesses and the key innovative features that made every profitable. One would possibly discover virtues, issues and successes related to each. You would possibly see components of every in methods of later leaders and associated points even at the moment.
Sources: Schultz, p. 396–7 (solely Ford is mentioned in our textbook). For Madam C. J. Walker (1867–1919), see https://www.studyproessay.com/write-my-paper/madamcjwalker.com/bios/madam-c-j-walker/; and https://www.pbs.org/wnet/african-americans-many-rivers-to-cross/historical past/100-amazing-facts/madam-walker-the-first-black-american-woman-to-be-a-self-made-millionaire/ . For Henry Ford, see https://www.historical past.com/matters/innovations/henry-ford.
TOPIC CHOICE TWO: Authorities Financial Insurance policies—Hits and Misses
Right here you’ll select two historic examples from the next checklist: Prohibition; Hawley-Smoot Tariff; Sherman Antitrust Act; Pure Meals and Drug Act; Federal Commerce Fee; Civilian Conservation Corps; Agricultural Adjustment Act; the Wagner Act, and the Social Safety Act. These are examples of presidency financial intervention or financial coverage within the lengthy interval from 1870 to 1940. These may be regarded as burdensome authorities interference or as wanted authorities regulation, relying on the instance and one’s pondering on these issues. In your paper, you’ll discover and describe every of your two examples, its historic context, and the explanations it arose. One would possibly discover virtues, issues and successes related to each. You would possibly see components of every in examples in our present economic system at the moment.
Sources: Schultz, p. 362–Four, 367, 401–2, 417, 425–9, 432. Apart from the textbook, use any two of those sources that you simply suppose related to your paper:
http://faculty.cengage.com/historical past/wadsworth_9781133309888/unprotected/ps/impact_factory.htm ; and
http://faculty.cengage.com/historical past/wadsworth_9781133309888/unprotected/ps/attack_meatpackers.htm ; and https://sourcebooks.fordham.edu/mod/1884hdlloyd.asp. [directions proceed on subsequent page]
Your project should observe these formatting necessities:
- Use Strayer Writing Requirements (SWS). The format is totally different than different codecs like APA. Please take a second to assessment the SWS documentation for particulars.
- Be typed, double spaced between traces, utilizing Occasions New Roman font, Calibri, Arial, or Courier (dimension 10, 11, or 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and sources should observe SWS format. You should have a Sources checklist on the finish; every supply listed should even be cited within the physique of the paper with an in-text quotation. Test together with your professor for any further directions.
- The most well-liked file software program is Microsoft Phrase (a part of MS-Workplace). Alternatively, a pupil can use Home windows’ WordPad (not NotePad) or OpenOffice. (Please don’t submit recordsdata in .pdf format or Apple’s Pages or Google docs.)
- Embody a canopy web page containing the title of the project, the coed’s identify, the professor’s identify, the course title, and the date. The duvet web page and the Sources web page will not be included within the required project web page size.
- The physique of the paper needs to be 5 paragraphs and a complete of 500-to-800 phrases in size. The 500 minimal is agency; you actually have not adequately developed the paper if lower than that. The 800 most is a free guideline. The physique of the paper is to be double-spaced. Usually, for those who observe these directions, the physique of your paper can be 2-1/2 to Three-1/2 pages in size—add a web page on your title web page and one other on your sources checklist and that then will get to Four-1/2-to 5/half of. However, the size requirement is evaluated by phrase rely.
The paper have to be submitted (uploaded and connected) within the course shell supplied on-line.
The precise course studying outcomes related to this project are:
- Focus on occasions after 1865 when it comes to social and financial situations that brought about corresponding adjustments within the attitudes of the folks and insurance policies of the federal government.