College students will choose a subject concerning the sociology of popular culture for an in-depth analysis paper, 5-Eight pages (double-spaced).
Analysis papers will probably be graded primarily based on the next standards:
· Sources are related to the subject and applicable for research
· Matter is researched and described in enough depth
· Efficient synthesis, making logical connections between sources and social points
· Minimal of 5 references which will come from any supply, each educational (i.e. peer-reviewed books and journal articles) or non-academic sources are welcome (i.e. documentaries, blogs, participatory tradition, and so on)
· Any quotation type.
· Clearly outlined focus and arguments
· Absolutely discover essential facets of the subject in enough depth and element
· Comprehension of analysis, defined absolutely, clearly, and precisely
· Reasoned arguments supported with proof and evaluation
· Utility of readings to media
· Recognition of broader implications of social points
· Depth of study
· Properly-organized, with logical and systematic connections
· Written clearly and understandable; convey coherent and meant meanings
· Grammar, correct and efficient sentence construction
· Vocabulary, applicable for postsecondary stage
· Tutorial tone (avoids slang, and so on)
· Efficient use of quotations and references
· Private opinion, I statements and subjectivity are welcome, (backed up evidence-based data)
· Formal referencing is required. You might be welcome to make use of any formatting type, so long as it’s constant.